The word ‘Probiotics’ means ‘for life’ and has been used for centuries as a natural health promoter, which exerts health effects beyond inherent basic nutrition.
Vast research has been conducted where Probiotics have emerged as a valuable tool in both human and veterinary medicine, used rather as a preventative medicine than as a disease therapy.
True Probiotics require more than just a few lactic acid bacteria or yeast cultures as it’s contents, but should rather contain many strains of various beneficial living micro-organisms. Products should be researched before choosing an ‘off the shelf’ Probiotic. Related products can contain Saccharomyces culture (bakers yeast), though often packaged live, the survivability of these culture are very short and should be a major factor to consider, before selecting a specific Probiotic product.
Broad spectrum antibiotics, certain anti parasitic chemicals, Chlorine content in drinking water and stress to a large degree, devastate the beneficial microbial gut population, thus resulting in detrimental health effects to both humans and animals alike.
Recent findings prove that Probiotics stimulate immunity, creating many more areas of potential benefit and not only have the affect to balance gut flora, but can also positively influence diseases which occur in tissues other than the intestinal tract.
Scientific evidence suggests that Probiotic supplementation will:
- Stabilize the digestive system, thereby reducing the risk of colic’s, laminitis and gastric ulceration.
- Improved digestion, resulting in quicker weight gain & maintenance, plus improved weight recovery after strenuous activity.
- Increase feed conversion efficiency by up to 24%, enhancing growth, general health and well being.
- Increase the availability of nutrients, thereby enhancing the immunity system enabling it to better fight off disease.
There is no published evidence that oral use of Probiotic supplementation is unsafe, and it is recommended for use by the World Health Organization.
Research has further shown that to reap the maximum benefit of animal supplementation, it should be done on a consistent basis, thus added to the feed as a long term program. In periods of high stress or anti biotic use, daily doses could be doubled up, with the concept being to thereby replace destroyed beneficial bacteria.
Recommended Selling Price (effective 1 February 2019)
For mobile: best viewed in landscape mode
|Product||Size||Animals||Within Gauteng||Outside Gauteng|
|EM Animal Probiotic||500ml||Horses/Dogs/Cats||R135,00||R145,00|
|EM Animal Probiotic||1 Litre||Horses/Dogs/Cats||R195,00||R202,00|
|EM Animal Probiotic||5 Litre||Horses/Dogs/Cats||R750,00||R775,00|
|EM Health Booster – HUMAN||1 Litre||Humans||R200.00||R200.00|
|SUPER EM – Agricultural||1 Litre||Fly Control||R180,00||R185,00|
Free Courier Delivery (Depending on the size of your order it may incur an additional courier fee.)
- Within Gauteng (main centres): Orders over R500.00 qualify for free courier delivery.
- Outside Gauteng (main centres): Orders over R1000.00 qualify for free courier delivery.
- Outlying areas and orders below the minimum values above: Additional courier delivery fees will be applicable.
- Alternatively check our Stockists List and order from your nearest stockist.