A high quality small animal supplement containing a proper balance of vitamins and minerals and which is given according to directions will not harm a normal animal and will generally be beneficial. All the below information was presented and accepted at the committee on nutrient requirements of cats and dogs in Washington DC USA.
The committee comprised of the following members:
- David Fahey – University of Illinois
- Richard Hill – University of Florida
- Frances Kallfelz – Cornell University
- Ellen Kienzle – Lebensmittel und Tieremahrung
- Donald Beitz – Iowa State University
- John Bauer – Texas University
- Keith Behnke – Oberschiessheim Germany
- James Morris – University of California
- Quinton Rogers – University of California
We feel the claims made are justified and proven with the following research and reports made by the learned experts listed above.
IMPROVED SKIN & COAT CONDITION
- Whilst CALCIUM is highly necessary in the diet of cats and dogs, it also binds zinc.
- ZINC is proven to improve the quality of the skin and hair in these animals.
RAPID RECOVERY FROM INJURY & ILLNESS
- PANTOTHENIC ACID enables the body to create usable energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Pantothenic acid deficiency include loss of hair, diarrhoea and gastric upsets.
- BIOTIN is vital, primarily of its role in maintaining healthy skin and hair and is also necessary for growth, digestion and muscle function.
ENHANCED GENERAL WELL BEING
- IRON combines with COPPER to form haemoglobin, the molecule in red blood cells that carry oxygen and is necessary for certain enzymes in the body to function normally. A deficiency of iron results in the development of anaemia, decreased growth rate, weakness and increased susceptibility to stress and disease.
MAXIMISING THE PREFORMANCE & CONDITION OF WORKING ANIMALS
- IODINE is necessary for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland, which regulates the rate of metabolism of the body and plays an important role in normal growth. Iodine deficiencies result in poor growth, hair loss, weight gain, weakness and irritability.
LESS SUSCEPTIBILITY TO ORTHOPAEDIC PROBLEMS FORMATION OF HEALTHY BONE & GROWTH IN YOUNG ANIMALS
- CALCIUM and PHOSHOROUS work together in the body to maintain the growth and structure of the skeletal system. Deficiencies or excess of these minerals could create skeletal problems.